Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Whatta week!

  My seven day week is always a long one by Sunday. By Saturday morning I find myself wishing I could hit the snooze..and by Saturday night I'm thinking I should have taken a vacation day for Sunday LOL I'm thankful I only have to do them basically once a month.
  This has been a busy interesting week but the lovely cold bug has hit. Gotta love weather that goes from rain, to spitting snow, to 18 degrees at night back to the mid 60's with chance for severe storms and tornados!! Perfect weather to assist the cold bug. I'm thinking tomorrow after work it's going to be an early pj type of evening, maybe some hot chocolate (if I can bat my eyes enough at Steve LOL),cuddling in bed...and covering myself in Vicks!!! 
  Kaya made her first pan of homemade sausage gravy this week and the girl rocked it!! I started the roux for her but she told me how much flour. I added the milk but she did all the stirring and the gravy came out..perfect!! My Dad was up for supper (no sane person turns down biscuits, sausage patties, sausage gravy, and scrambled eggs!! lol) and told her that she made good gravy. She looked at him and said "I know something about making gravy!" LOL I absolutely love every moment I have with her!! She was singing while doing the gravy and her song had the line "I love cooking with my Mamma. She knows how to fix everything and she's totally rock and roll". Never been called rock n roll in my life lmbo so I'm not questioning it :)
  Steve's weight loss has been a good thing for him..but his wedding band being the spinner type you can't resize it..not a good thing. We've searched for the last two nights for his wedding band and it's really driving him nuts he cannot find it. He's taken our bed completely apart, even the slats because he was afraid when he put the blankets on the bed it might have slipped between the slats. No such luck. I've looked under the bed, against the walls, under the edge of the bookcases, you name it. It can't have grown feet and walked off so I guess tomorrow evening or Monday I'm going to have to pull everything away from the wall and see if by some fluke it's standing upright against the wood trim. That happened once before and eagle eye Kaya found it. 
  At least Kaya tried to make Steve feel better about the wedding band. "You are still the same man, the same daddy and the same husband even if you don't have a ring on. You could wear Mommy's!!" LOL
  Can say Kaya made me laugh tonight when she came trekking through the frontroom in her sports bra, underwear and Finn hat, ran into our bedroom, plopped onto the bed and started singing into the fan! LOL I don't know what was better..her song, her attire or her giggles :)
  So typical fun week at the Hacienda. Thankful for the two legged smile I have and for the hubby I have. 
  
Proof life is always fun at the Hacienda lol Found this lovely item this evening on my memory bench...Uncle Si with a beautiful bow. Kaya loves Duck Dynasty and especially Si. I guess he needed a little sprucing up! LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment