Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Interesting article on simplified living

 http://www.viralnova.com/tiny-house/
 
  I thought this was a really interesting article on simplified living. Granted I couldn't live in that tight of a space  but it's a very nice article on young couples starting out as well as how to simplify what you have. 
  We of course do not live in a McMansion lol but we do not live in a house this small. I've often wondered though why so many people are amazed by small house living when back in the day most people had small houses and many raised large families in them.
  I think if a person likes a big house and wants all the "bling" lol it's fine. I don't think they should be judged as long as they are happy. But I often wonder how many people desire the big home to impress friends/family and neighbors more than they need/want the space.
  I do like how the article hits on living a more deliberate lifestyle..knowing that we DO leave a foot print on this Earth no matter what some choose to think. I've often said we do not own the Earth we are simply borrowing it ..and we will choose what is left to our children, to our grandchildren. I'd much rather they have some beautiful scenery, clean air and drinkable water than I would tract housing, huge mansions, and industrial parks. 
  I try to remember it this way: Kaya is my most prized possession and I want to start her out well in life mentally/physically and spiritually and I also want to leave her a world that she can enjoy.
  So interesting article..and the view they have from their property is priceless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment