Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful lists

     Month of November facebook always does daily thankful lists. I love them. I love to remind myself daily what all I do truly have in my life. And I try hard to remember that every month of the year. I also love reading others simply because it's nice to see what makes someone else smile and happy and sometimes you read someone's post and think "That is so right. I should be thankful for that".
  I thought at first about doing a daily one on here but I was afraid I'd do it on facebook, get busy and neglect it here.
 So I thought I'd do a nutshell main one here :)
 I'm thankful for the man that stands beside me every day. The man that put a ring on my finger almost 7 yrs ago but has had my heart for 10 yrs. The man that has seen the beauty in me when I see none, that has confidence I can do everything and anything. And that loves me every single day and loves me even more on my hard days.
  I'm thankful for the blessing of being called "Mommy" or Mamma. Kaya is my world. She's my curly headed proof that humans are allowed to have miracles. She's smart, funny, strong headed and keeps me grounded. She teaches me to slow down, enjoy life and see the beauty in small things. Without her I don't know what I would do and I'm thankful for being on her journey. She's my princess jumping in the mud, my tomboy wearing a tiara :)
  I'm thankful for my parents, my grandparents and my extended family. They have taught me to be strong,to make due and to enjoy life. They showed me and still show me what love is, what family means and that life is short so enjoy it.
  I'm thankful for the family I married into..all sides of it. It's not always been super easy as we are two distinct groups of people and they do not live life how I live life but they bring another dimension to my life and I truly do love them. I'm thankful that I have them and that I am lucky enough to not just love but like the family I married into.
 I'm thankful everyday for a job, for food, for shelter and for the important things in life. I'm also thankful that even though times get rough in America ..that I can say I'm an American. Our men and women died so we could have the liberties we do, so we can have our freedoms and I hope more people wake up and realize how precious that is. 
  I'm thankful for Steve's diagnosis of MS. It's not an easy road but at least we have a name on the disease that is our lives and a way to fight it. I'm thankful too to have a husband that is a fighter. That puts being a Daddy and a husband first, being a son, brother etc on the list THEN list MS fighter. It's in our life but it's not OUR life :)
  So many wonderful things to be thankful for. Thankful for the seasons, the snow, the sun, the wind. Thankful for our gardens and the bounty they provide. Thankful for the meat in our freezer, the flour in the tin..and thankful for the knowledge on how to make it on lean times :)
  Never stop counting your blessings. Know your roots, know your history and make your present worth living. Keep your future bright and always remember who you are and exactly how blessed you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment