Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Marriage..

 A friend at work once told me "what is marriage to you" I said "it's 50/50 both people have to work on it". Then he smiled and said "Nope it's 100/100..you both have to give it all you got." That has always stuck with me and when I saw this poster I thought it was fitting. Marriage isn't easy. Far from it. But if only one person gives 100% it doesn't work. If only one person gives 50%  it doesn't work. If both give only 50 your half way there but you'll have 50% missing. Both people have to realize it's a heart investment..an investment of time, of emotions and of being actively involved and aware. No,men are most likely not going to react or be like us..but in honesty we probably don't want them to or need them to be. A good marriage is balanced on the fact that not only do both partners give 100% but you also realize that your husband balances you out and you balance him out. I know our marriage is that way.Steve is the laid back, roll with the flow and let very little get to him type. Issues come up and if they are outside this home then he may listen but that's it. Me I'm more of a worrier about things and have had to learn that I can't fix the world. He says I'm a hippy (lol I'm faaaarrr from that) but I know he means that I'm loving and I try to see things how people SHOULD be..and at times it's hard to see how some really are. I've called him hard before but I hope he knows that I mean it in the sense that his loyalty lays 100% with me and Kaya and nothing sways that. So sometimes to me he comes off hard and unemotional over outside issues but I've come to learn that he loves many but he doesn't allow himself to take on others drama or issues. He's not "hard" he's centered in how he does things.

No comments:

Post a Comment