Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

   Due to work obligations our Thanksgiving took place on Saturday. At first it sort of bothered me being that it was on Saturday but then I thought you know what..holidays are honestly in your heart not regulated by a calendar day!! We've done Thanksgiving in August and Cmas in Oct due to my brother's military schedule so I thought I'm just going with the flow :) So as tradition our day started off with awesome cinnamon rolls. My mother always fixed these on Thanksgiving morning for us and I continue that tradition with my kiddo :)


  Our meal was awesome. Even though my mother in law (who donated the turkey as her part of the dinner) managed to find a 3 legged turkey!! LOL Only at the Hacienda do you have Steve start carving his awesome Cajun deep fried turkey to see...another leg. We all laughed about it.
  Kaya was a huge help this year. She completely made the pumpkin pies. She's getting so good at breaking eggs and mixing much SLOWER so it doesn't slop out of the bowl. Her pies were beautiful and delicious. 


Kaya also helped this year fix dressing with her Mammaw W. There is NOONE that makes a better dressing than my Mamma lol Bread, sage, chicken broth, boiled meat from the giblets/neck of the turkey all come together to make one of my fave sides! Kaya also helped with the green bean (or as we all call it slimy bean casserole lol) casserole that her grandma's like and with the sweet potatoes. Our meal came out pretty awesome this year.
 We had cajun deep fried turkey, sweet potatoes,baked beans, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, mash potatoes,turkey gravy, mac n cheese, rolls/biscuits, pumpkin pie and cheesecake. Every bit of it homemade :) Everyone at way too much. But the most important thing about the meal wasn't the food on the table, how long it took to fix or if it was homemade...it was the people sitting around the table and the love <3
Cajun, creole butter injected turkey ready for the fryer 
Our feast :) 
Kaya making homemade dressing with her Mammaw

No comments:

Post a Comment