Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Reality hits lol

   For some odd reason my mind wondered over some posts online and then it hit me..I am almost certain round up for Kindergarten is in April. APRIL!! Like 2 1/2 months from now April! So of course freaking out inside I do what every normal woman does lol I text my brother in Cali and my two best friends. Mind you my two best friends, even though my age, both have older kids. One's son was 21 in Jan and the others son was 18 lol so I'm the one with the "baby" per say. So I often turn to them for life phases advice lol and general venting. Friendships that have spanned almost 29 years or more..yep I'm one lucky lady :)
  Anyway I text my brother in Cali with the message "I think April is Kindergarten roundup!!!" to which he responded "Ok that is great." To which I frantically text "WHAT!!!??? Did you read that whole text? I have..a hive!" ( I get hives when I'm very stressed/nervous..sometimes just one and sometimes many more!) I could see him in my mind laughing on the train into LA over his sister's panic lol and that made me laugh ;) He text back and said "I read it. Kaya is awesome. She'll do great. You will do great". Texts came back from my best buds..one saying her eldest son was giving her some issues with college, the other friend saying her only son was leaving the nest in less than 7 months and we all need to get together ASAP and vent lol Those two always make me smile.
  In truth I know Kaya will do great. Do I have some worries? Yes, Kaya isn't always the typical 5 yr old girl and I cherish the fact that she is 100% authentic. But I know school isn't always easy for the "authentic ones". I know her school will be much, much larger than the school I attended but I'm thinking that will shock me, not her as it's all she'll know unless we move to a smaller school system or go private school etc.
  I've always said that I will bend and be fluid..not some rigid stick in the mud parent that thinks everything is freak out worthy but I can admit letting my baby leave the safety of our house, our care, our guidance has made me wake up 3 times in the last couple of months in a cold sweat. But I have to deal with it and not let Kaya know that I worry. I have to be fluid and go with the flow or I hold up her progress. Even if it's hard to smile and say it will be great.
  She did ask if other kids laugh at her what should she do. We told her flat out the truth. That once in awhile someone will make fun of you, someone will tease you and some will even laugh out loud but guess what it's their issue not hers. That I have been teased, that Daddy has been teased..that even today we as adults have dealt with other adults that thought name calling or degrading a person was how you handled something. We told her to let it roll off her, be nice to people and if the kid makes her uncomfortable or threatens her to immediately tell her teacher and us. Then adults will take it from there. (Inside I was screaming.."I will rip that little bully's face off and stuff it in his Mamma's purse" lmbo but I can't let Kaya think you can think that way lol)
   So hive went away,laughs came and my brother had several wonderful texts taunting me LOL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment