Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Last day of vacation

  You'll notice there are not as many exclamation points and smiles in the paragraphs describing the last day of vacation like there was the one saying first day of vacation lol But such is life I suppose.
  It has been a wonderful week. I got lots marked off my to do list, lots cleaned out but most importantly lots of family time, snow ball fights and laughter. Lots of hugs and snuggles. Lots of talks. Just time well spent.
  Sunday of the last day of vacation (sometimes just any ole Sunday of the weekends I'm off lol) are sometimes a little bit harder. Sunday has always been one of my fave days of the week. As a child it meant lunch at Granny and Grandpas then supper at my other grandparents, lots of cousin time. As an adult it meant lunch at first grandparents and reading the papers, watching political shows with my Grandpa and then a visit to my other grandparents, and still adult cousin time lol Times are a bit different now but I still enjoy a nice Sunday. But having my own child, my own life I realize how precious those two days are that we call the "weekend". I've also learned that "weekend" isn't always Saturday or Sunday but whenever you are off work and together!
 I can say we squeeze the most out of our days period and vacation is no different. A winter vacation isn't always as much outside time but it's still a lot of fun. Plus while everyone else was trudging out in the cold and snow for once I got to stay in where it was warm and snuggle etc or go out and have fun in the yard but not HAVE to get on the roads.
  I'm very thankful for a job that allows me vacation time and for two partners in crime lol that make anytime fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment