Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Kaya's cooking show

Kaya has been having a ball making pretend videos lately and she has been doing her own cooking show. She'll pull her footstool up to the counter, get out the mixing bowl and utensils and pretend cook. She talks as if she's hosting a show, talks about her ingredients etc. It's adorable to listen to. Tonight she said she was measuring out butter...just a pat she said of yellow butter ;) and that she had one retainer cup of milk. Explained to her that it was a measuring cup and she goes "I call it a retainer cup because it retains the milk. That is the right use of the word right?" I had to smile. Yes it was! Her thought process always keeps me guessing.
  I also love to listen to her when she "cooks" or plays...often as parents we don't realize how much our children "watch and learn" from us. She will repeat the same things I do or Steve says and it's cool to see her remember those things/moments. I'm also thankful that she has her own twist on things and always keeps life interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment