Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Another year older

  Well I turned another year older today. I know some gripe about getting older but if you think about it it's a privileged denied to many. So I'm thankful to turn another year older.
  Kaya stated that my bday parties for myself are always lame lol Gotta love 5 yr old logic on parties. Explained to her that it's cold, the weather has not been awesome all week and at my age it's not a biggie to have a big get together. That we do cake and supper out when we are all off.
  My work buddies did awesome...tons of happy Bdays, cookies and mini cupcakes. Very touched they all thought of me and the goodies were good!
  Then home to lots of messages from friends, a card in the mail and a homemade peanut butter cookie cake from Steve and Kaya. Kaya did great decorating it with a number 4 !!! candle and snowflakes :) She made me a homemade telescope out of a papertowel tube ;) and Steve had previously given me a primitive star with a heart he cut out himself and Kaya helped paint. I'm very lucky to get such heartfelt gifts!!
  Texts from my two best friends, my fave lil cousins and my brother rounded out the day. I made a pan of homemade enchiladas tonight (we are all going out to eat together next week), got in my pjs early this evening and have  enjoyed a nice evening of hearing the Birthday song SEVERAL times from Kaya :)
  All around wonderful bday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment