Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Day One of vacation

 Well day one has been a hit :) Honestly I could sit on the couch staring at the ceiling and as long as I was home with my family I'd be happy lol so to some our daily lives may seem odd or boring but it's "us" and it's perfect for us and we strive to improve, enjoy and be in the present every day!
  Today I decided to tackle Kaya's toys. We had done the garage totes before Cmas but her room and toy box needed some TLC. Plus she is a mini hoarder lol She loves to keep every box from every toy and will often say "Do we really need to throw that away it has to have another use??!!" Granted I know she picks up some of that from us due to we reuse a lot of things or build one thing out of another thing but there are limits! lol
  So we tackled her inside toys and her space looks awesome!! Bags(the child loves gift bags) all put inside one bag and stored in her closet. Toys back in the box and her desk cleared off. Her dollhouse put in "her" order furniture wise lol
  I can say at first it wasn't easy with a sidekick questioning each item but then it got easier. I was also lovingly woke up EARLY by her saying "we need to get up. Are you ready to get up?" lol so it took me a bit to get into the groove.
  But it looks awesome now. Even made her a reading spot complete with her overstuffed chair/footstool and lamp. She REALLY liked that :)
  I also had my yearly drs apt today and since I've had 4 yrs of good exams after I had my LEEP procedure I can now just do one part of the exam every 3 yrs so that is a plus. My bpressure was good (that was my worry...I had been having issues with it in the late fall) and I have lost 10lbs :) So I'm chalking it up as an excellent visit. Steve says I'm adopting his let things go philosophy and that is what helped my bpressure lol I do think in the last 2 mo or so that I have felt that inner stress relax.
  We drove down to my Dad's today for a visit since the weather was nice and Kaya had been wanting badly to see her Pappaw. It was a nice visit. Her Pappaw surprised her with a keychain (she loves them lol) and a new pick for her guitar! She had fun playing checkers, visiting and playing with his dog. We staked out where we are going to do our big garden down there, where we are putting out rabbit traps and how we want to do our chicken house down there. We are going to have a small one here and a bigger one down there :) Dad is going to take care of it all during the week since I can't drive down there every evening but we'll do the weekends etc then we will share out of it. I'm hoping to get enough to put up lots of juice etc. Eventually we want to expand down there with fruit trees so we can do our own preserves etc.
   Then back home for date night. Sad little eyes, big hugs and we managed to have a curly headed chaperone. lol We decided to do tonight as family date night and do our date night later in the week. We are not huge eat out people so it's a treat for Kaya too. We chose Chinese and had a great time. I had to laugh when she told me "I'm glad you got to go on mine and Daddy's date." :) She simply adores him and him her. She always tries new things when we go out and she did pretty good. I had to laugh when she bit into the middle of one and it was not what she thought it was LOL
  Wrapped up the evening by letting her pick out a free kids movie at the rental store and we got a movie to watch later too.
  So it's been a great Monday :) I have some to do items on my list for the week but fun is one of the main things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment