Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Crazy weather

  2014 has started with a bang! Weather reports have been going crazy with the snow amounts and I often wonder why MORE people don't worry about the cold number! -35 here tomorrow with the wind-chill factor! That means a lot of bundling up for work since I'm not tucked into a warm cozy office lol But very thankful that I am not out in it like street/highway workers or utility workers!
  The Almanac forecasted higher precipitation amounts and cold to very bitterly cold temps for 2014...I guess no one read that huh? lol
  Snow doesn't bother me too much but I don't want a ton of ice/sleet mix.
  They have changed us I believe I counted 7 times since last night. We are suppose to get less than an inch of snow today or 1 to 3 inches or 3 to 5 inches or 7 inches or maybe 8. None of them can agree on the amount. Now I did like the map that showed how many loaves of bread you may need...that was cute :)
  People have went nuts clearing completely counters in the stores, pushing, shoving and being rude. Some stations up north have ran out of gas. People were going nuts for "more eggs, more coffee, more toilet paper" when I ran into the store yesterday to grab mushrooms for a pizza I was making.
  Snow I can handle but I wonder if people really give thought to the temperature. -35 will kill a pet or a human fast. I wonder if they are in such a frenzy to check on their elderly neighbor or to make sure if they see the neighbor kid out in it to watch to see if he/she gets home ok? To check and make sure that people are safe and warm.
  I'm very thankful for heat and for the luxuries I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment