Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve fun..

  We don't do a ton for New Year's Eve but we do have a "little party" here..just us. Kaya helped me make the cheese roll ups, the bacon wrapped sandwiches (our fave but not Steve's lol due to it having mushroom soup in it!),homemade sherbet punch and Mexican cheese dip. We had chips to go with it and regular dip so it was pretty much just snacking whenever we wanted all evening. 
   Kaya LOVED it and I gained big points by having pink noise makers and party cups ;) She sat all the plates/cups etc out on the counter and made "menus" for us ;) She drew Mother Nature holding Baby New Year's hand. It was cute. She of course donned her pink dress and was doubly excited when I told her I picked up a pkg of pink cardboard tiaras! Poor Bella, our dog, even had to wear one! LOL
   Steve of course was not so much in the party mood. He had ALOT of dental work done on Monday evening. They pulled a lower jaw tooth on the left, filled a jaw tooth on the left, pulled a jaw tooth on the bottom right and put collagen plugs into both the holes where they pulled teeth!! Dr M said he did awesome and the stitching was more to hold the plugs in while it healed but that he would be sore. And he is! Poor guy. I made him mash potatoes this evening and he had that along with pudding. I'm thankful my Mom switched her days off and gave up her rare Saturday off to be home with Kaya on Tuesday. I didn't have to miss work and Steve could just rest/not chase after Kaya.
  Kaya was determined to see the New Year in ...but didn't make it ;) At 11:45 she was snuggled up with her stuffed sea turtle in the chair...out cold snoozing LOL Tucked her into bed after the ball dropped and I followed soon after.
   2013 was not a perfect year. We had our moments, our hard times, our lean times but it was 365 days of being together, waking up every morning, love, kindness and laughs. I'm very thankful that we had more positives than negatives, that we faced the year as a team, and that I had my little family and the ones I love in my life! We saw babies born, loved ones pass on, my brother move to Cali to start a new adventure. We saw some medical issues, dealt with some hard situations and we've made some hard decisions. But we did every step of the way TOGETHER :)

No comments:

Post a Comment