Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

New recipe

  Gave a new biscuit recipe a try this evening. Steve thinks the ONLY bread you can have with a meal is biscuits. They have to be Grands or homemade lol  He despises dinner rolls and thinks crescents are a joke (he's a funny funny man) so I keep freezer biscuits in the freezer for quick use and usually have a can of the store bought ones in the fridge. But fixed supper this evening and thought I'd give this recipe a try.
   Preheat oven to 425. In a 9x13 cake pan pour 1/2 cup of melted butter. It will stand in the pan and that's fine. In a bowl mix 4 cups of Bisquick (I used the generic version), 1 cup of sour cream, and 1 cup of 7 up. Mix together then knead the dough on a floured surface. Pat your dough out and use a biscuit cutter * cut out round biscuits and arrange in the pan. Mine touched and did fine. Matter of fact the frugal side of me (Thanks Granny lol) I even made odd sized biscuits and worked them into the edge spaces! LOL Bake at 425 for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned on top. I then sprayed them with spray butter lightly as soon as they came out of the oven!
   At first I was worried about all that butter in the pan and the turnout being soggy biscuits. Good grief no!! They were done, moist and honestly like KFC's biscuits! Steve ate more of them than he did anything ..he ate so many I thought he was going to pop! And told me to save the recipe (!!!) SO I consider them a good hit. 
   I served mine with white beans, baked kielbasa, fried potatoes and onion slices. But they would go great with any meal. 
   * If you don't have a round cookie cutter or a biscuit cutter simply flour the mouth of a glass and cut them out. I can say I have a prized biscuit cutter..my Granny's...and it has seen a ton of biscuits over it's life time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment