Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sad day

    Last night at 11:30 Mimi went home to Heaven. Hated to find that news out but thankful she was no longer suffering. Mimi was super active, on the go happy person. When they took off part of her foot she began to go down hill.
   Kaya got up when I got up this morning for work. She was standing in the doorway and told me "Mamma, I had a dream last night. In the dream someone I love very much died. I know it wasn't Pappaw cause I talked to him last night". I know I probably had my mouth open. So I told her that we would talk about it after work this evening. Kaya was fast asleep when we got word Mimi had passed and we decided to not tell her till after work this evening. So maybe Mimi came to her dreams to say goodbye..they were best buds :)
   Sat Kaya down this evening and explained to her that Mimi had passed. At first she was playing with her phone and not really catching what we were saying. We didn't push it just stated it and let it go. A few hours later Kaya crawled up in my lap and asked if Mimi passing away meant she was dead. We explained to her yes, she was. That she was now in Heaven..whole, healthy and happy. That she would watch over her and that she'd be a star like Nanny in the night sky. Hearing your kiddo cry that cry..is hard. You spend so much time keeping them safe, shielding them from hurt/danger...then life tosses you one that you cannot easily fix. It seems unfair at such a tender age to feel that hurt..but..then again how blessed was Mimi to have Kaya and Kaya to have Mimi? Those feelings will last long after the hurt.
  So we answered questions honestly. Even the odd off the wall ones (what happens to your tongue when you die). We explained in Heaven you get a new body with no aches or pains and you are happy. We told her it was up to her if she went to the funeral home for visitation. If she chose not to go we'd take her to the cemetery at a later date so she could put flowers on the grave.
  She had a few more tearful moments this evening but for the most part is doing ok. I told her that memories are always with you. That me and her Daddy have no grandparents left and that she is very lucky to have Mammaw W and Grandma T. That Mimi and Nanny are watching her and are happy. 
  She asked the hardest question..."How am I suppose to be happy that someone I loved is no longer alive?" How do we expect a child to understand when even as adults we have times we feel the same way. So we explained to her that you have to be happy that they no longer hurt and that they have found peace. That you can still feel them hug you at times and they are always in your heart.
  Those words seemed to answer her question so we have left it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment