Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Exactly

   Saw this post a few days back and I've been mulling it over since then. I immediately wanted to post it then I thought does it sound harsh, sound like I'm being pushy? Then I thought forget it I'm posting it. The ones it may apply to probably wouldn't see themselves in the post and I like the quote.
   The quote made me realize how I've held onto the thought that I was going to get an apology...that those two words.."I'm sorry"..was somehow the magic cure all and band aid to the situations that have occurred. Somehow my mind formulated that if they said they were sorry all would be well. But my brain was saying "No, you'd never take it as serious anyway. You'd be fine till the next time it happens." and to be honest I've held out on alot of things over the last yearish and...it was time to...
       Think as if I had received an apology. It was time I gave myself the freedom to be over the deal, the permission to let my happiness and my little families happiness be the center of my life..not that feeling that I wasn't doing something right, that feeling of being judged or honestly just flat out ignored.
   Mom always says that those that wrong you unless they truly are sorry and know their behavior is wrong..won't apologize so why stew over it. Steve had told me to just let it go, live our life and others can find their own path. That what they consider normal isn't our normal and we won't change it.
  So I like the quote and I think I'm going to just live life that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment