Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Well..vacation came to an end...

  Decided on Sunday that I could feel the funk coming on. That blah feeling of bad mood mixed with edgyness because Monday was the first day back after vacation. Steve could sense it (was it the quick responses, the faces I was making, the tears that kept edging up?? lol) and decided we needed to just go for a drive.
  So we took off to the river to see the leaves changing, enjoy the peace and quiet then cut back a back road to a friend's house to check out her chicken coop and visit. Kaya loved all her special breed chickens (and I can admit they are gorgeous well behaved creatures) and the chicken house. We visited the covered bridge and we took a walk from the shut off road all the way to the new road and it was really a nice time. 
  Vacation as a whole was awesome. Lots done, persimmon pulp put up, garden beds readied for winter,and lots of just us time. I loved it. 
  Only sad part was going to pay our respects to very dear family friends (honestly more family than friends in feelings) who lost their grandma/Mom. I know that raw heartache and I feel for them ..that day and every day. At holidays and special moments. Even in the tiny insignificant times when memories, a smell, a photo or a moment will make them think of her. I often wish I had the magic words to make moments like that ok...but I suppose hugs and lots of thoughts is all one can do.
  It also reminds us to live life well, with lots of love, and cherish every moment...for nothing is guaranteed or planned. Whether we are 40 or 100...at some point our time will be up. Say I love you when you can, move on from fights and hold tight those people you love. 
  I wish vacation would have lasted longer but I'm thankful to have any. Some people don't get that luxury. I love all the times I have with my little family.
 And as Kaya said Sunday evening "I know Mamma, I know. Tomorrow is Monday. But we'll survive....right?!!" :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment