Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Our first day of snow and sleet..

   Today is my Mom's bday and Kaya said it was marked with "awesome snow flakes" and some sleet. Nothing stuck or got too slick but I'm afraid winter has started a tad bit early. 
  We were going to enjoy our Thursday evening with the fire pit and a big pot of homemade hot chocolate (Steve makes the best homemade hot chocolate..complete with a lil cinnamon and cayenne pepper!!) but the wind decided otherwise. Barely up to 40 all day, damp and a cutting wind that even Kaya said "made my eyes cold" ...we nixed the fire pit idea and may try again tomorrow evening. Instead we kept the pot of hot chocolate idea lol and it was tasty!
  Had my mother in law over for supper and it was nice. I made a big pot of homemade chicken and dumplings, a loaf of homemade white bread and then for dessert Kaya made a cherry pie with ghost and witches hats cut out of pie crust. I make my own pie crust alot and Kaya likes rolling it out. I often let her cut shapes out for the pie topping, sprinkle a little sugar over it and bake it. She made this one for her Grandma W's bday :)
  My Mom loves scary movies and books and it is October so Kaya decided this is what she needed for her bday..came out pretty good even though I forgot whip topping lol
   Today was mainly a day of paying bills, getting house stuff and running to the feed store. We didn't get much done around here but a day down is nice :) Cozying in for the evening and relaxing is the main thing on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment