Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Steps...

  I'm using this motto alot lately. I've made huge steps in the right direction on several issues. One major step of mine was talking to Steve about the fact that I know Kaya and I are not only treated differently but ignored by some of his family. We had an honest frank talk about it and things are moving in the right direction in that area. I've let go of even trying to figure them out and I've gained control of not letting them hurt me, intentionally or not. In turn I'm showing Kaya that we don't let others set our paramenters to how we feel about ourselves and we've told her no matter what others may think or do..she is our world :)
  I've also started to let go of being so controlling in other areas. I am NOT the go with the flow person Steve is and at times it frustrates me. I often overthink things to the point that it wears me out. I'm learning to let my guard down on some issues and just let it be. That maybe a way someone would do something isn't my way..but it still gets done and the world doesn't end. I think as a wife and a Mom that is a big issue with most of us!! We know how we like things, we know how we want it done and we tend to think our way is the only way. When Kaya came into my life..it changed my life in so many ways. She has taught me patience, a different view on life and that at times you can shelve the list and live. What needs done this minute..barring emergency or absolute has to do..can always be done later.
 I'm also starting to build more confidence in areas of risk in my life. Ideas like going to college, making life changes, making personal changes etc etc. Steve has told me since day one the only thing that limits me..is me. I value how he sees me..even if at times I do NOT see it. 
  I've also learned that self improvement, admittance of flaws and moving ahead in life trickles down to my kiddo and that is very important to me. I was very much raised by strong intelligent women and I never doubted what I could or couldn't do merely because I was a girl or whatever. I want Kaya to have that strong faith in herself, the ability to be herself and not worry about the crowd and to be content in her skin. In turn I've got to be content in my skin in lots of areas.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment