Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Awesome weekend at the Hacienda

  Very blessed that every day, every weekend at the Hacienda is awesome simply because we are together. Thought I'd show a weekend at the Hacienda in pics as well :)
    Saturday was a gorgeous fall day so we headed to the Farmer's Market. Love that our local Market is wrapped around the small town park so once we are done browsing  Kaya gets to play :) Was doubly surprised when this Saturday was Family Fun Fest. Lots of veggie/food booths, lots of vendors, bands, and bouncy houses. Kaya had a blast. Of course we had to go down slides and do a lil swinging ;)
  

Then we loaded back up and cut back some farm roads to watch them harvest the last fall fields and to see the Amish fields all done up in corn shocks and getting ready for winter.
Amishman going to hook his horses up to the wagons. 
 Amish fields done in corn shocks. Kaya LOVED this as well as seeing the animals out and about.
   
  Local farm working up silage
  Then home to work in our garden and lots of play time outside.
 Sunday dawned beautiful but my fave part of the day?
Getting to sleep in all cuddled up with my snugglebug :) Rare treat that we get to sleep in. Then I got a double treat because Steve made some awesome homemade pancakes and sausage links :) 
  Rest of Sunday was hauling trash and recycling and stopping in to check on my mother in law who had surgery. We had a nice visit and my brother in law helped Steve pick the pears off their trees and gave them to me! 2 buckets later I now have

Lots of pears chopped up and froze in slices in the freezer for desserts this winter. And a good amount of pear puree which became 
Yummy pear butter :) 12 hours of cooking it down then I let it cool. Some will go in the container in the fridge (Kaya loves pear butter) and the rest will go in freezer bags laid flat and froze for this winter use :) I was very happy with my pears lol
Rest of Sunday was round out with trampoline time, Kaya laughing her head off over a fat worm on the walk lol, laundry,freezing up a bunch of banana peppers etc but an especially nice treat was a 
warm cup of homemade hot chocolate with marshmallows courtesy of my sweet hubby and daughter :) We even got a few minutes as the sun went down to sit on the church pew on the porch and enjoy the cocoa before heading in to start baths and bedtimes. 
 I'm a very blessed lady in many ways. Maybe the Hacienda doesn't run like another family's home but we sure can have a good time on very little because we've learned the real rule in life: family matters. I cannot imagine my day without Steve or Kaya, without our four legged or multi legged (LOL) pets, without our own unique sense of humor and love of life :)
 And that is a typical weekend at the Hacienda. We have fun, we enjoy each other's company and it's never boring ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment