Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Two sweeties feeling less than great

  Kaya is finally starting to NOT run a fever and feel better. It was one long week of her not feeling great, coughing and such. She only missed Monday from school and made me go to school and pick up her work so she'd have it done. I am very thankful that the prep inhaler she's been using has been working...no crackly sound in her chest etc. I cannot stand when she is so miserable.
  It's been a crazy week of appts....Monday I took Kaya to the dr while Steve felt less than great. Then Tuesday morning I ran my Mom to the dr because she was under the weather (bad bronchitis, two shots in the hip and a strong dose of meds for home) then by Tuesday night Steve's fever shot way up and he was miserable...so a trip to the dr with him.
  They decided Steve had an infection somewhere. His lungs were clear, his nose was fine, his ears were fine. The infection was somewhere and his body was fighting it. They gave him an antibiotic and told him lots of rest. That is the scariest thing with MS. MS itself won't kill you...but it weakens your immune system so much that an infection, the flu or pneumonia can kill you. Hearing the dr say an infection somewhere made me edgy. Thankfully the meds worked and after about 3 days his fever let go.
  So very little sleep for Mamma this week. I've not missed work but more than once I could have napped on my desk lol By Friday I had only 3 hrs sleep the night before and I swear I was walking in my sleep at work.
  I detest when people at work complain and demand to go home over silly things or pets when others of us take our jobs and obligations seriously and have things going on at home not everyone knows about. But we keep a smile on our face, treat others nicely and get our jobs done!!
  I wish too others would take things seriously when I tell them about it. I've got to the point that I don't really say too much to some because....they won't ask about Steve or Kaya, check on them etc so why bother??!! I wish that some would realize that something serious could happen to Steve then how would they feel? I don't know. Their cross to bear I suppose......

No comments:

Post a Comment