Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A sweet lunch date :)

  When I work 7 days straight I get Monday and Tuesday off. Kaya HATES when I do a 7 day stretch but she sure does love it when I have two days off during the week ;) She gets to be a car rider in the morning and night...which eliminates a VERY long bus ride and sometimes we surprise her by either swinging by Magic Morning or.......today we came to school for lunch. We had a blast. Steve and I sat with her and at the adjoining table was three of her buddies. Listening to all that chatter cracked us up. Then we walked her back to class and got asked if we'd like to help with recess duty since it was an indoor day due to the rain. Of course we volunteered ;) and had a blast. It's a bit hectic ...they set up stations around the gym room with dolls, school stuff, cars you name it or the kids can just play in the middle of the gym room. Time out is done on the bleachers and I have to admit the sweet little guy that was right under my elbow the whole time....yes I could have taken him home with us LOL
  Kaya was very happy to have the extra time with us and to have us there. One of her school buddies had told her "Kaya, don't get upset and cry if your parents don't come. Sometimes parents don't come when they say they will"...he was trying to protect Kaya's feelings. Of course our girl told him "When my parents make a promise they keep it. They'll be here". And we of course was.
  We had to play with her buddies too (Kaya sometimes is a bit shy about sharing "HER " parents lol but after a bit she's fine )
  All around nice day. Very thankful for every moment we have with this wonky wild child :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment