Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

New recipe tried

Picadillo Cubano (Cuban Ground Beef Dish)


Ingredients

(About 4-6 servings)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground oregano
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 5 garlic cloves, crushed
  • Salt and pepper, to your taste
  • 1 cup of tomato sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
  • 1/2 cup of stuffed Spanish olives, cut in half
  • 1/3 cup of raisins
  • Directions

    1. Place a sauce pan on medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
    2. Add the beef and brown, stirring occasionally, then add the cumin, oregano, bay leaf, onion, bell pepper, garlic and season with salt and pepper.Cook for about 10 minutes more.
    3. Add the tomato sauce, olives and raisins. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
    4. Remove the bay leaf and serve over plain white rice.
      I'd love to say this was a super hit lmbo but it got mild reviews. I liked it but not something I would want every day...Steve barely ate any of it lol But I have been keeping up my deal of one new recipe every week or so. Thankfully I love to cook, love new ideas and I'm not too afraid to try things :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment