Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Monday, December 17, 2012

I've been busting at the seams...

  I've been busting at the seams to say something...but have managed to not say anything about it for nearly a week lol
  We left this morning at 3:30 am and picked up my little brother at the airport! We really didn't get alot of sleep last night simply because we were excited to know he was coming home and Kaya, even though she didn't feel well, was on high to just get him home! 

  It was so nice to see his face at the airport. Other than his high and tight (military haircut) being a bit shaggier than normal LOL he looks the same. He laugh and said he left 92 degree weather to come to this? Although he did laugh and say it was not typical December weather for IN...no snow, no freezing cold etc.
  I won't lie..I've been praying for the weather to hold off (that is a long drive in the dark to the airport and back) until he was home. Plus I had no clue if he would fly a straight flight or do a second change in Minnesota like he normally does. Thankfully he did not do the MI deal...all those flights have been delayed due to weather!! He flew straight from Hawaii to LA then to Indy.

  I've been biting the inside of my mouth to NOT say anything to anyone. We didn't want anyone planning on coming over immediately we just wanted family time. So it was nice to post that he was home today. Only a few odd and end people and some close family knew.
   It was so nice to hug him and hear his goofy laugh. Him and Steve laughing on the way home, Jonus teasing and cracking up. And then to see Kaya's face !!! Oh my!!
  Jonus walked in and the child simply lit up! She was so excited  she was literally shaking! She goes "UNCLE JONUS!!! YOU ARE HOME....for how long?" Her eyes dropped to the floor. He knelt down and told her "For a long time. I don't have to leave in 2 wks to go anywhere. I don't have to leave until I start school." Well that was the right answer!! She hugged him and hugged him. She's very happy to have her "Uncle/brother/boyfriend" ;) home. She has said over and over how much she loves him, fixed him a glass of water etc. She has also decided if his fave color is green then her fave color is green now too! LOL

   Nice to have my pesty little brother back under our roof. It's been over a year or more since he's been home. Kaya's changed, he's changed..we've changed. I know he's not the same guy that walked out the door nearly 4 yrs ago but he's still my baby brother :) Nice to feed him a homemade breakfast (with chili soup on the menu for supper..he's request), to hear him laugh and to be together.
  When I heard he had a chance to get home before Christmas..I decided that was what I wanted as my gift. I've missed him so much. We are more like twins than just brother and sister..and to be honest we are "bestest friends" :) I couldn't ask for a finer uncle for my daughter or a better brother in law for my husband.
  We are thinking this  year for Cmas eve we are just staying home and enjoying being together. So many families won't get that luxury so we are going to enjoy it :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment