Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Fun Sunday!

   Ahhh has been a wonderfully relaxing weekend and a really good Sunday. We try hard to keep Sunday low key, family based and fun. Growing up Sunday with my family always meant a good meal at my Wade grandparents then over to the Roberts side in the evening for lots of playing with cousins etc. We may not have a house full every Sunday but I try to keep it fun for Kaya, make a good meal, and focus on us.
  This Sunday Kaya's feet hit the floor nice and early :) and she was ready to make salt dough ornaments. One of the easiest recipes I've ever seen and they made up wonderfully. Kaya had a blast mixing the dough, cutting out the shapes and then painting them. Once done we put string on them and hung them on the tree. I had to laugh at the conversations while making them: 

  
  Kaya: "Mamma, snow is always white unless it's yellow honey. Yellow snow (dropping her voice) means a dog has peed in it."
Kaya: "Mamma, what does this dough taste like (I say very salty)Hmmm so I do NOT want to feed it to Bella either to see if she likes it? (NOOO)

    She cracks me up with her observations and laughs.
  We also today did her hand print ornament. I was very happy with it and Steve was really impressed. 

   

  I put her name and year on it and it looks great on the tree. We even made several for some family members complete with the logo "Kaya's Kreations 2012" wrote on the bottom! Can't wait to give them out. I saw it on facebook/internet and really liked the idea behind it. Glad we gave it a go :)
   Made a roast in the crockpot complete with carrots (even though Kaya has to have hers raw) and then shredded the roast into brown gravy and simmered it. Served with the carrots, cottage cheese and a bake potato. Got two thumbs up all around!
   Best thing today: Kaya told us "I've had a great weekend with you and Daddy. I love you both alot. You guys are my bestest friends." She's been in a huggy, kissy sweet mood all day! I won't complain :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment