Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Who am I...who are you?

When I'm asked "Who are you?" different titles spring to mind. My name, wife, Mamma, employee, dr of skinned knees, chef of probably over used recipes lol, inspiring chef of new recipes when I'm feeling brave, daughter, sister, best friend, vet to our critters, at times my hubby's shoulder and at times worrier, stresser and failure in my own mind ...all titles that spring to mind.
  But sometimes I wonder do I truly fit the title given and do I fulfill the title enough? I think as Moms we all worry are we enough, do we do enough, do we do it right, do we do it wrong. Will our kid grow into a great adult, will we stunt them in some way. Seems like Moms question themselves enough without society forming what a "MOM" is.
   Who I am is not going to be like a tv star Mom who's life is splashed across the tabloids. I don't have a Nanny nor do I desire one. I can't imagine jetting all over the world and leaving my most prized possession, Kaya, at home. I can't imagine having maids, chefs.
  Who I am is not going to be a socialites definition, a rich woman's definition, a soccer Mom's take on motherhood, or even fit in my neighbors shoes of how a Mom is. 

  Who I am is not how my Mom was, how my grandma's were...even though I have parts of each of them in me and bits of how I do things. I am not the Mom my husband had or his grandmas.
 I am just me. Just like you are you. I am the only Mom in the world to one curly headed Kaya. I'm the only wife in the world (or I best be anyway lol) to a handsome man named Steve. I'm the only critter keeper to a sassy tortoise (yes I said sassy) named Sheldon, a crazy water turtle named Dipper, two less than wild crabs named Snuggles and Cuddles, to a spoiled wiener dog dubbed Bella and to a rotten cat named Pheart and now a foster critter keeper to a cat we've named Socks that never seems to leave lol
  I try every day to be the best ME that I can be. Some days are epic flops that end up with Kaya having an extra scoop of ice cream so I can finish what I need to do. Some days it's dr apts, meds refills and figuring out what I need to put in Steve's rx thing so he can remember to take it. Some days it all falls into place and I'm queen of the hill. Some days we get to have a sweet us only date and we feel like newlyweds all over again. Some days I have Kaya glued to me and I shuffle how I do things. Every day I'm thankful for my life, my kiddo and my husband.  But I've also learned in life that some days it will be messy, it will be chaotic and I will be me regardless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment