Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Some easy recipes

    Thought I'd share a couple of super easy recipes I've been using. Simple, fast and tasty. My kind of recipe and a must have when it's warm out. Between working full time, outside work and gardens etc we stay hopping.

7up Biscuits

   Super easy biscuit recipe that beats any biscuit I've had.
 1 cup of sour cream ( I use generic)      1 cup of 7up (again I use generic)

4 cups of all purpose baking mix (I have found generic works just as well as name brand)
1/2 cup butter melted and poured into your baking pan.
  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
 In a bowl mix together well the baking mix, pop and sour cream. Knead a few times. Pour dough onto a floured surface (I use those handy dandy plastic sheets they sell at the Dollar Tree...super easy to clean up after). Roll dough out flat and using a biscuit cutter dipped in flour cut out biscuits and place in pan that has melted butter in it. Repeat till pan is full. (If you have extra dough you can put it in a baggie to use within a day or so or freeze it up) Bake for 15 min at 425. When you pull biscuits from oven lightly spray the tops with spray butter and let set a minute. These are the tastiest biscuits. Steve and his brother ask for them all the time and they are a pitch in fave :)
**If you do not have a biscuit cutter simply flour the mouth of a REGULAR size cup and cut them out.

Easy Breakfast Bake

5 eggs     1/2 cup of milk              8oz shredded cheese (any type)           
1 cup or so of meat (you can use any...bacon pieces, sausage or ham...ham is far my fave for this recipe)               1 can jumbo biscuits (I use generic)
    Super easy recipe that bakes fast, is filling and something you can fix for breakfast or add a salad with and you have supper.
   Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl mix eggs, milk, cheese and meat together making sure eggs are well blended. Take can of biscuits and tear (you can also cut each biscuit into fours..me I tear them lol) them into pieces and drop into bowl. Stir to completely mixed. Pour into a prepared (I use spray canola oil) cake pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until center is done.  Very easy and good recipe. I've tried it with sausage but I think the ham is far better. I also add mushrooms to the top after I bake it (just one half of the pan..>Steve doesn't do store bought mushrooms lol) and sprinkle shredded cheese over top, put back in oven long enough to melt the cheese. EVERYONE likes this!!


Cold Pasta Veggie salad
 Excellent pasta salad that is tasty and quick to fix. I fixed this one with real mayo instead of Italian dressing or vinegar etc. Nice change of pace
  1 box of ast pasta shapes or rigatoni pasta (I use the ones that are all different colors made from mainly veggies...sneaky way to add in some veggies ;)
cucumbers sliced up (whatever amount you desire)    cherry tomatoes sliced in half (however many you like)
ast bell peppers diced up                     real mayo

   Prepare pasta by box directions, drain and let cool. Add in veggies (you can do whatever ones you like!) and stir in enough mayo to make moist. Refrigerate till ready to eat. Best if made night before so everything "sets". This makes a BIG bowl that I use for get togethers but you can downsize accordingly :)

  I don't make these items every meal lol but they are a nice treat to make and they are fast. I add in lots of fresh veggies to about any recipe I make simply because Kaya and I love them. Steve..not so much so if he "knows" they are there he won't eat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment