Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Holiday weekend

  I love 3 day weekends, especially when I'm off work :) This has been one busy weekend but it's been tons of fun. I'm very thankful for my two sweeties and how much fun we have no matter what.
   Saturday we hit some good yard sales, headed to our fave Mom and Pop diner for catfish, and then went to my cousin's graduation party. Cannot believe one of my "kids" has graduated. He should still be my little chubby baby. But I'm proud of the young man he's grown into and his future plans.
  


Around here when we do catfish..it's some serious catfish LOL Bigger than the bun and so good you don't need anything on it. Kaya always picks "Catfish and pie, no fries.And a Coke please" :) Her Daddy is just as bad :)
 Sunday meant a big cookout down at my family's farm. Good food, lots of laughs, lots of love and lots of cousin time made for a great event. Caught up on all the gossip while helping my Aunties fix lunch lol. LOVED when Kaya said "AWW MAN it can't be time to go". Dirty knees, wild hair and wore out from lots of fun. From there we headed to my Dad's place to check our garden size, visit and make sure our chickens are doing well. They are great layers and we are thinking of setting them soon for babies :) Kaya wants chicks BAD lol While out we visited the cemeteries for both sets of my grandparents (we visited Steve's last weekend). Hard to believe they are gone, sure miss them. Then home to play in the sprinkler, water the garden and relax.
Today has been..interesting lol We decided to load up the cooler, the poles and head out to go fishing. Kaya did great at first, getting lots of bites, listening well and then "I'm bored". She didn't want to look for bugs, was tired of looking for frogs. Steve got frustrated with his hands, he's been having a hard time with them with this relapse and tying hooks was not easy today. 

 So we fished for a few then headed home. I worked on my plants while Kaya hit the sprinkler and the trampoline for a few. I'm really pleased with how they came out :) Also got another bunch of tomato, hot pepper and pumpkin plants in our garden :)


No comments:

Post a Comment