Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day :)


 Can say today has been a wonderful Mother's Day. Steve said he'd do all the grilling for me, my Mom and his Mom for his gift to us, that we didn't have to have anything on the agenda. I knew too that he'd need an idea for sides so I fixed them Saturday evening. I love the man to pieces but he could easily have a meal of meat with a side of meat with a side of corn lol and I wanted something different. So night before I fixed cold pasta salad and cut strawberries up in put them in sugar. Super easy :)
   Mother's day I made several baked potatoes in the microwave then diced them up and put them on foil, salted the chunks, diced in bacon and onion, wrapped them and Steve grilled them. All we did when they were done was add some shredded cheese on top. Went over well.
   Kaya surprised me with a beautiful purple and green twisted pipe cleaner bracelet  "cause Purple is your favoritist color Mamma".  She also gifted me with a sea shell, a rock she had her Daddy spray paint to look like gold and a beautiful rock she found at the creek. It's a lot of love when Kaya shares rocks..she LOVES collecting them. I'm very blessed she shares them with me. She also made her own card for me....and of course I raved over it! She's very creative :)
  Steve fixed my Mom supper when she got off work and we had lunch with his Mom. It went really well, was a delicious meal and a great time together. I'm very lucky to have a husband that thinks of all the ladies in his life and how important they are :) My Mom thinks of him like her son and they have a great relationship. I think too it shows Kaya that you extend your heart to others and that love isn't defined on just one day or with one expensive gift is all you need to do.
   I'm pretty lucky because I have Mother's Day 365 days of the year because I'm called Mamma by the sweetest little girl ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment