Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Foot dr appt

     Dreaded day for my foot dr appt. lol To say I despise going to the dr is an understatement. Growing up drs were mainly used for school checkups, serious issues and very little else. Home remedies ruled and I just never have been a dr person. I go..but yeah lol Steve made a point of saying that I can't tell others to take care of themselves and go to the dr, or tell him to keep his appts if I don't go myself. (Can you hear me grumbling from here? lol)
  So decided to go to the dr that has a main office in the next town but also keeps an office here in town. I can say the office staff did a great job of getting me in quickly (my appt was for about a week after I called), they were courteous when I got there today, quickly got me into xray and I didn't have to sit and wait in the regular xray room. The dr was also very nice, very thorough and actually put me at ease.
  Xrays showed no breaks or fractures (my big worry). The dr pushed around on different spots..no pain. Then he hit the spot on the top of my foot that has been hurting and all I can say is I'm glad that I went to the bathroom before going to my appointment!!! He pushed around several times there and told me that he is almost certain I have a ganglion cyst near my tendon. When he bent my foot a certain angle I could see how swelled the spot was. He said it was probably pushing on that tendon and that was making it hurt to my toes. He decided to give me a cortisone shot. Oh man!! By halfway through it I was up on one elbow saying to myself "I birthed a 9 1/2 lb baby I can make it through this!!!" When it made a tear come out of my eye..and I have a HIGH pain tolerance..you know it hurt. Due to it being close to my tendon the cortisone irritated my tendon (to be expected). And because your foot has so many small blood vessels it broke a small vessel. By the time we were heading home I was in the passenger seat crying it hurt so bad.
 I have iced it every hour for 15 mins and tried to keep it elevated. It just..hurts. If I was irrational I'd drive over there and kick the dr in the family jewels simply because it HURTS!!! I've taken 800 mg of ibuprofen so we'll see how it goes. No restrictions and I've got work tomorrow. Yippee
  I can say that the conversation Steve and I had today meant alot to me. He asked why I was so hardheaded on dr appts for myself. I make sure Kaya has hers, I take her if we can't get a fever broke etc and I religiously put all his appts, MRI's etc on the calendar and work straight shifts to make it to them...but I don't do myself that justice. I told him..I try hard to hold onto our health insurance credits. My work insurance gives you $500 worth of health care credits...they are used for your appts till it's gone then you start on your deductible. Our family plan deductible is not tiny so I try hard to make sure that we hold onto some credits to offset dr appts. Well kid checkups, yearly appts for me and Steve are basically covered no matter what. But a dr visit cause Kaya is sick or a neuro appt costs. One MRI after insurance is normally 800 bucks, one neuro visit after insurance is 140 give or take. So I try hard to save credits for those things. Steve looked at me and said "You need to realize that me and Kaya love you more than anything. You know it doesn't matter how we use up the credits or that stupid deductible. You are important too and you have to put yourself first sometimes and take care of yourself too".
  Maybe it doesn't seem like much but anyone that knows my husband knows he doesn't write for Hallmark lol but he is a loyal, loving steadfast husband. He doesn't let his illness define him, make him selfish or think every focus has to be on him. Sometimes I need him telling me to STOP and put something I need to do on the list. I think sometimes I worry so much about what we need to do for him..that I sometimes overlook myself. And that drives him nuts lol
  So guess we'll see how this foot feels. Sure not feeling great this evening!!!! I go back in 2 weeks to see if it's shrunk etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment