Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Find peace.....

Read an article about how people should try to see beauty in the small things, peace in the chaos and how their life might "flow" better. I 100% believe that. Sometimes when you crave something you just have to look right where you are! We have days where I'm just home from work, Steve needs to rest and Kaya is 100% wound for speed lol We could either let the chaos happen or we can find the peace in it. While Steve gets some down time to feel better later Kaya and I get "girl only time". I get to hear her report of the day and share a few giggles. I could either sit on the couch and stress out or I can bundle her up and put that energy to good use having fun outside.I can gripe about medical bills or I can just be thankful I have insurance, a way to pay them, a name to the disease and the chance to make it better. I can stress about the weather or I can realize it's just a few months out of the year and gives us down time from a huge work list we have in the spring/summer. I can see our projects, garden, canning all of that as "chores" or I can look at it as time spent with my little family, teaching Kaya useful things and being with my husband. I can work myself into oblivion or I can realize life needs togetherness, breaks, and our time spent fishing isn't going to send my home into cluttered grossness. I can focus on the big picture of life or I can notice the small little fingers grasping mine, the giggly I love you, and realize I am living the BIG DREAM!! She won't be small forever so I cherish her uniqueness. I could gripe that Steve does things differently than me or I can just be thankful he does the dishes after I cook supper. I could squawk I want fancy jewelry and expensive gifts or I can realize that I have two of the most wonderful gifts..actually two sets of them..Steve and Kaya's arms around me A person can spend their life in the valley sulking because they are handed a rough time..or they can see it as a learning process and start focusing on making it up the mountain! A person can live in a past, hold onto hurts and past emotions and stay bound to that time or they can let it go, find their happiness, make peace and live the life they want. A person can sit and judge others or they can take care of their own front porch and let others live their life.You can live repeating the mantra "I'm so busy, I'm so stressed" and your molehills will become mountains or you can realize life is life and start celebrating your joys instead of focusing on your unhappiness. I'm thankful for Steve, Kaya, and all my family and friends. They are my true blessings. Life is noisy, life is messy, life has many unplanned routes...but what a wonderful life it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment