Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gearing up for Christmas

   Kaya is in full holiday mood and we love it. She has played out in the snow even though now she will buck against going out because we make her wear a coat! She wants to just wear a long sleeve shirt and her pants/boots etc. Yeah, that doesn’t fly too well! ha-ha

   She loves the Christmas tree and really likes to see it lit up. She’s been trying to go to bed during the day because she thinks when she wakes up “hoho” (Santa) will be here! Its so funny and awesome to see that childlike wonder in her eyes.

  She has asked us when we are going to pick Uncle Jonus up, as he was “home for Halloween”…that was a hard one to deal with. We explained to her that he cannot come home this year for Christmas but that we will record her when Santa brings his gifts and that Jonus can hear her and see her when we record her and she can talk to him. We also explained that he is doing a big boy job in Iraq and that he came home at Halloween so another man can come home and visit his baby at Christmas. She seemed ok with it.

  I start a seven day stretch tomorrow..hate them.Saturday we will have Christmas with Steve’s family at his Aunt Judy’s. We always provide a few treats and the meat and everyone pitches in. We do gifts, play games and just have fun. I definitely look forward to it every year.

  Then..I have to work 8 to 4 Cmas eve so that will make it fun as I have to be at Granny’s no later than six pm. We usually soup and sandwiches and the gifts and visit. Its always fun but..I do miss my Grandpa Wade. This year Kim is due Dec 25th so that may make it interesting. I personally think she will go before that date..but..she may surprise us and go over. The dr said for her to expect a big baby..def. over 8lbs!

  Christmas Day all of us are off and this year we are going down a little bit later than normal to my Uncles for Cmas. I just don’t want to get up and run on Cmas morning now that I have my own baby. We will have a big meal and its always fun. Kaya is blessed with lots of cousins,aunts and uncles on both sides of our family. It will definitely be hard this year as this is our first Cmas without Grandpa Roberts…and that man LOVED Christmas. But…we are lucky to have him in heaven with Grandpa Wade, Grandma Roberts,and Grandma Johnson keeping an eye on us and I'm sure sharing a few laughs as they watch Kaya. Winking smile

  I am very much in the holiday mood this year. One reason is because I am determined Kaya will have the wonderful holidays I had as a child and ..with Jonus and others gone this year..its hard but..I am keeping it rolling! ha-ha Life is going great and to watch our child enjoy the wonder of snow, Christmas, and all the festivities that goes with it warms my heart more than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment