Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Celebrated Christmas

  Kaya was a bundle of energy Christmas Eve..assuring us that she was NOT going to sleep and that she WAS petting a reindeer. She was one determined lil girl..even talking about reindeers while dozing off. She finally gave it up and we got her tucked into bed. Thankfully Steve played Santa and I got to sleep…hehehe…and come Cmas morning the house had been visited by HoHo (Santa).. We are still not sure why Kaya refers to Santa as “her”….haha

  Kaya was in amazement at her dollhouse from Uncle Jonus…DSC_0863

It is a beautiful almost five foot tall wooden dollhouse with an elevator and lots of furniture. Santa was nice enough to deliver her all the dolls she needed as well as a Mammaw Doll for the house. Many awesome gifts from Santa followed….a new chair and footstool from Jonus,clothes,a leapster laptop,a singing doll,a moon dough farm…many nice gifts as well as a “sock” of goodies from Santa. She was VERY excited to see new markers,paint,a baby my pretty pony and Princess chapstick.

  The day was spent lounging around and was a great family day. I made two plates of fudge using the easiest recipe I’ve ever found…and ..we just enjoyed being together. I think I was most thankful for a daughter that was excited over EVERYTHING yet polite enough to give hugs and thanks yous.

   We also got to talk to Jonus via the computer Cmas eve night. His unit was the ONLY unit on base that pulled a mission that went from six am to ten pm their time. Jonus was upset that they had to wait so long to talk to their families that day..especially all the guys that have lil kids or new babies…but..at least they all got a lil bit of time to talk before bed. They were picked for QRP the next morning (quick response patrol) as backup to the unit so …he needed his rest. But…to know he was ok, talk a few minutes, share our joy of the holidays…and…to know that he missed us and we missed him was very comforting. This was my first year without him and it was MUCH harder than I though even though I did a good job of holding the fort down…lol..but..I missed him terribly. We always have done the same thing…one gift before going to Granny Wades (which always was batteries or socks..lol) and then a night of family and fun..then another day of the same on Cmas day. This year..his cmas came via care packages from us and family and friends…prayers for his safety..and our thought of him…and our cmas from him came via FedEx, and Facebook. I can say I got three of the best gifts….seeing the joy on my girls face, being with my family..and knowing my brother was safe for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment