Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

End of summer party

    One thing I love about my family is that we not only enjoy eating lol but we enjoy getting together for big meals.
   In August we do a fish fry for the end of summer and summer birthdays. My uncle and aunt provide the catfish, chicken and shrimp and my Uncle does the frying. Then we all pitch in sides and desserts.
  The weather was very hot but I'm thankful that K gets family time and lots of cousin time. I'm also thankful that my husband loves the get-togethers just as much as I do!
   This year it was a bit different. A cousin and her family moved and didn't attend but we all still had a good time. The best thing was my Uncle getting his bday gift a few months early! When he was younger my grandpa on my Dad's side sold my grandpa on my Mom's side a horse and saddle. My Uncle loved that horse and he stayed on the farm until he passed. The saddle had been put up, along with all those memories for many years. My cousins got together and had the saddle restored to how it originally was. You rarely ever see my Uncle cry but the tears were flowing today! My aunts and my Mom cried too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment