Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday...one busy day!!

 Day 2 of vacation and the weather is awesome!! Suppose to hit 72 today with lots of sun so outside is on our agenda :)
  Got catfish from our fave Mom and Pop diner ordered for our upcoming fish fry, we'll pick it up on Friday. Steve was VERY happy they sold us a case at wholesale price :) What runs about 5 bucks a lb at the store we got for roughly 2.50 a lb. No problem either with it being a 15lb case because Kaya and Steve are huge fish eaters and we'll use a good chunk for the fish/chicken fry we are having for Steve's bday (and to sorta get the family together before Steve's next neuro visit on the 31st).
  Took off and went a few towns over to the meat locker and stocked up on some meat. We love that they butcher right there and there is no processed, shipped to a store meat. Of course we also had to get Amish peanut butter spread (for me), Blackberry jam (for Kaya) and Carmel Corn pops (for Steve). While there we walked across the road to the donut place and each picked out a fresh made donut for later.

   Cut back the back way and stopped and grabbed sandwiches and spent the day at the playground in the State forest. Kaya LOVED it, the weather was nice and animals were out. Squirrels and birds were enjoying the day too. Kaya also loves going to the pond at the State Forest and walking the hiking paths. We didn't hike much due to Steve's legs have been tired the last couple weeks.
  Home to more outside play while Steve and I took apart the brooder house, stacked pallets and cleaned out the fryers. Then we cleaned out the garage and swept it out. Looks huge lol now. I also wiped down my fridge/freezer and deep freeze out there and the exercise machines just from the dust that seems to gather. 
  Quick trip to the hardware store and we got new pulls for the bathroom drawers (I'm changing it up in there), paint (I'm going dark eucalyptus green.....should go great with my Homespun country shower valance and window valance). Thinking too I might stain darker my vanity in there. Not sure yet.
  Worked the compost down with the stuff from the brooder house and spend the rest of the evening outside! Weather is simply perfect and Kaya has ran her legs off today. She finally came in late in the evening, red cheeked from running, swinging and jumping on the trampoline and said "I think I'll lay under the fan for a few" LOL  Told her I was glad she enjoyed today because wind, rain and snow are predicted !!! for tomorrow. The weather has been a bipolar tease lately!
  Wrapped up the evening with me and Steve watching the new Hunger Games movie (Liked it) and relaxing.
  I was worried when we worked in the garage because Steve pulled a chair up, sat down and put his head in his hands. Those actions can make me feel very nervous because nearly 2 yrs ago...yeah. It was 2 yrs ago April he started with nearly that first reaction and that scared part of me always feels nervous when I see him do those things. Silly I know but if you've had a loved one in that situation you know what I mean.  I know we are in that band where a relapse could happen but with MS you just never know. He could have one tomorrow, never have one for another 40 yrs...you just don't know. I do know when he went to bed straight after the movie and didn't move all night..he was exhausted. But we stay positive and think positive and usually after a good rest he's back and going. I always tell him we don't have to push push push or we can take a break...but he's hardheaded and said he's not always going to give in to the disease. He has learned to sit down for a few and that helps a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment