Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Having eyes for..

     Another blogger I read often had posted on her page about having and keeping appreciative eyes for your spouse. I LOVED the post. I think when you are first married you often notice every single "new" thing about your spouse and life is fresh and exciting. Then you settle into your home, your routine, your life..then a child or children come along and life becomes even more settled in and at times you think your marriage has lost it's romance or spark..when in reality we've come to let ourselves believe that you have to have romance 24/7 and that you should never have to "create it" ..it should just happen. Marriage is a job like anything else and has to be worked on daily and maintained. Like the blogger said maybe it doesn't sound romantic to say it but sometimes you have to let yourself breathe, step back and refocus and find your appreciative eyes for your spouse.
  I try to always have appreciative eyes for my hubby but lets admit it. We are normal humans and after the tenth time of finding a chip bowl by the computer or socks tossed under the bed...we don't feel romantic lmbo and we sure don't want to see our spouses stellar points LOL

  But when I step back and look at Steve I see how lucky I am. I see a man that always puts me and his daughter first. Who even on a bad day will be up for anything if it's us 3 together. I see strong arms that hug me tight and lift Kaya up into the air. I see the ring that I put on his finger..and my heart will still skip a beat to this day when I think of how his face looked when I came down the aisle. I remember the vows we took to stand beside each other in sickness and health, for better or worse. I see the man that built me my garden beds simply because he knew I wanted it. Who never forgets to bake a cookie cake with Kaya for my bday , Valentines Day and for Mother's day. I see the man who when my cousin had her very first mother's day and her husband "forgot" to get her anything...my hubby baked her her own cake and took it to her at work. I remember his words "Every Mom should get something special for Mother's Day." I see a man that when my Dad had a hard time ..Steve never gave up on him and used some tough love but is happy to say they are friends today. And I know that one thing that helped my Dad was Steve being there for him. I see a man that appreciates and respects my Mom and would do anything for her. Who thought of my grandparents as his own and loved them as such. A man that will do the dishes but always leaves the silverware lol that will do the laundry but forgets to toss it in the dryer ;) but..at least he does those things!!
   I look at my husband and he gives me that quirky smile I love and I think how very lucky I am. Here is a man that had a rough childhood, a rough start in life and could be a totally different man...but he chose to change what he came out of, to change his life and I was the lucky girl that crossed his path and became his wife.
     So maybe sometimes we need to look at our spouses, and them look at us, with honest eyes. Not with love struck newlywed eyes but with appreciative mature eyes that sees all the things that create the life we love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment