Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012



  Ahhhh the sweet sound of giggles, the anxiety of waiting for the timer, and the homey smell of homemade white chocolate/chocolate chip cookies! Just one of the ways we love to kick off the holiday season at the Henderson Hacienda!
  I'll admit I'm a cookie dough addict and I love homemade cookies but I'm nowhere near the cookie baker that Steve is. The man was made to make cookies lol From gourmet recipes to plain ole chocolate chip. He often assists Kaya in baking me a sweet for Valentines Day and for my bday as well as just baking together with her (LOVE that there is that bond for them).
  I've always said I wanted Kaya to have the traditions that I had growing up. Learning math while giggling and measuring flour. Sneaking a chocolate chip while chatting. I grew up with some awesome cooks/bakers and some of my fondest memories is learning a recipe at my Mom's shirttail or one of my Grandma's apron strings.

  I love to bake with Kaya. This year Steve treated me to two new cookie/cake pans and they work really well and have my creative ideas running! Kaya cracks me up because she knows once we have all the cookies done that I'll let her sneak a spoonful of dough (a big no no with Daddy...he's very precise on how he does things). 
  Love seeing her so excited and ready for the holiday. We also made a small wreath...Kaya picked the ribbon and the ornaments (santa,snowman,cmas tree and reindeer). It came out really cute and she had a blast.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment