Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Got my pantry started!

  I had to be off work for a school meeting so I decided to take a vacation day and just enjoy the day. Once the meeting was done I thought...ohhh we'll have a nice day lounging around and chilling out (something we rarely do). Steve of course had another idea and hated to waste the day. So what did we do??
   We pulled the cabinet and counter out of my utility room, moved it to the garage to make it into a workbench/storage, cleaned the floor, painted the wall behind the counter, added floor trimming, and moved the pantry rack Steve had started building in the garage into the utility room. We added the wire shelves (Steve used the ones from Lowe's, braced the back with a flat 4x4, and used the wire shelf upside down to give the front a "lip" to keep cans etc from sliding off. The board in the back slightly raises the shelf in one spot so my cans are slightly at an angle to keep them moving down. The bottom of the rack is built so I can fit a clothes basket under it for dirty clothes, my basket that I keep plastic bags etc in and still have space for a large plastic storage container of pet food. I also have room to store my big glass jars, my canning jars etc.
  The best thing is that Steve put my Great Grandma's corn slicer onto one section for decoration and then we put some cute things that mean lots to us (Mimi's spice rack, a candle from Granny's funeral etc etc).
  To say I love it is an understatement. I LOVE IT!!!!!
  And where I had stored my can goods in the kitchen is now where I put my mixing bowls and skillets/pots. Before they were shoved into the "hole from hell" that Steve so lovingly calls my cabinets that are near the fridge (and hard to get into).

No comments:

Post a Comment