Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Friday, October 30, 2015

First Grade Fall Party

It's our first party that Steve couldn't attend (he's been fighting a cold all week, a fever and today just felt horrible. He didn't feel like going and sure didn't want to share germs). At first Kaya was very down in the mouth about Daddy not being there but letting her be my helper made her smile :)
  The other Mom did an excellent job on snacks (Halloween cookies) and the game (Toss the pumpkin) complete with every kid getting a prize. We did the craft (toilet paper pumpkins) which the kids LOVED as did the teacher. We also did the juice. We combined together to make nice treat bags so every kid got a bag.
  The party lasted an hour and was a blast. The kids were well behaved, had fun and the teacher told us we did a great job :)
  One boy told me "Where is Kaya's Daddy?" because he remembered us from last year ;) and Steve does an excellent job with the boys. I told him that I'm sure he'll attend the next one.
  The only complaint I've had with school parties is the lack of parents that get involved. If you can't attend the party that is understandable. We all do different jobs, have different things on our plate and I'm far from judgmental on anyone. But if you can't come to the party at least donate something. It doesn't have to be huge but it's huge to the kiddos. We are far from rich but we not only do the parties, we donate to them as well. One time last year we donated 40 cupcakes, 2 gals of juice, plates, cups and candy!! I try very hard to not get frustrated at other parents but..I wish more would think how fun those parties were when we were kids and try to make it that way for their kids too.
  All in all the party was fun, I really like the other mother that helped and the kids were great. Kaya was all smiles and I really appreciated the kind note from her teacher as well as her asking about Steve.
  Sure doesn't seem like it should be fall party time...but I love sharing every moment with my girl :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment