Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Fish fry get together down home

frog legs soaking in their milk bath before hitting the flour and the fryer
   What better way to celebrate family and a cousin feeling better as well as Memorial day? A family fish fry of course. Kaya has been biting at the bit all week for frog legs and catfish. A family meal is whatever you make it to be...with the significance being on family and being together. Down home we do that to the max and I am so very thankful my daughter gets to have that kind of fun...the same fun I had growing up.
    The menu for today was awesome and mouthwatering. Catfish done in the cast iron pot over the fire pit, frog legs in the deep fryer, hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. Add in a table of hot sides and crock pots, a table of cold sides and a table of desserts...well you get the picture ...we know how to put on a meal lol Everything was awesome and I'm almost sure we all ate too much. Kaya couldn't get enough of the frog legs and we all laughed at all the kiddos lined up with their plates patiently waiting on the fryer!!!
   Of course there was tons of awesome cousin time. Playing ball, water balloon fights, running, laughing, playing tag and hide n seek. To those little ones running around the yard it's fun...to us,their parents, sitting on the porch watching them...it's awesome memories being made and the same memories we had at that age. We are a tight bunch even if we give each other a hard way to go. I'm almost certain my grandparents are watching us from heaven thinking "Good grief what did we start??" :) :)

   I won't lie that I was counting down the days till the get together too. I have had a lot of stress concerning some situations with "others" and ...to be honest my aunties hugging me, my Uncle saying "It's ok...you all have us"...well...that sure heals a hurting heart fast. I'm so very thankful for every second I have with all of them and for their unconditional love of us. I can say I always come back from down home with a bounce in my step, a smile on my face and a better outlook.
    
My cousin going for the net....you can't have a farm without a basketball goal down here ;)





Growing up Grandpa would use this to draw water for the cattle or for us kids. He always kept a pot under it to catch drips and to let water be available for the dogs if they needed it. I LOVE that I caught the clouds overhead in the water in the pot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment