Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Friday, August 8, 2014

First day of school...kindergarten orientation

   Each class today met at a certain time, for one hour, to meet their classmates and us parents to meet the teacher and get her outline for the year. I was probably more nervous than Kaya. I come from a small school district and to be honest I was just nervous period lol
  The teacher was instantly nice and I didn't get that odd vibe off of her. She outlined her class and I like her way of thinking. She says a student shouldn't lose recess to punish bad behavior when most times it's extra energy that causes the problem to begin with. Instead they lose fun things they want to do in the classroom, may have to walk laps at recess those sorta things. She also said that every student is just themselves and the focus needs to be on positive and that students needs. All around I liked her. She will be gone the first week due to it's her last week of maternity leave (she just had her 5th baby). She has a teacher assistant that I liked as well. They both came off as kid first and realistic which is how it needs to be with kindergarten kids in my opinion.

  We had everything on her supply list but they asked for us to bring in a regular size towel for rest time. Easy thing to do.
  So orientation went well, Kaya was sad to leave lol and we found out that there are at least 2 in the class that Steve or I one know the kid's parents. So that was nice.
  Now one weekend till the big day. I feel excited, proud, antsy...and I did not tear up today LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment