Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Vacation...

  Just the word alone makes me smile..makes my family smile :) One writer said you should live your life as if you never need a vacation but lets be honest.. no one is going to live that life unless they are rich or hit the lotto lmbo so you take life as it is.
   I worked 7 days straight and started vacation on Monday. Monday after 7 days is always a tired day...and I get aggravated at myself for feeling tired. I know silly...working 7 straight, working at home, being a Mom/wife etc, doing chores,errands....the list adds up in 7 days and some nights little sleep..but I still get aggravated at myself for feeling tired.
  So vacations are always nice. Even though I tend to drive Steve nuts (lmbo) because I am not a sit and relax person unless the whole family is doing it. I have learned when Kaya wants to snuggle dishes can be done later. That the floors not being swept on a pretty day (when we are out playing) is not the end of the world. But I am just a doer type in most areas of my life. So having Steve to remind me to sit and read or just talk etc is nice. He teases me but when doing a project he's a slave driver and is the most meticulous man you'll meet so he really can't poke fun at me :)
  Anyway...vacation so far has been awesome. No bedtimes for me , no set schedule for things to do...just rolling with the flow and enjoying it.
  Monday was catch up day. Kaya jumped out of bed with huge eyes, put her arms around my neck and said "You are home Mamma! I love days like this" :) :)
  Tuesday we went for a drive, ended up eating a great lunch at a Mom and Pop dinner then bundled up and spent the afternoon at the State Forest playing. Think it did us big kids some good too :) Kaya was amazed at how high her uncle could swing and that her Mammaw was brave enough to go down the big slide lol Then to the little lake to skip rocks, look for frogs/fish etc and have fun. We didn't get back till later in the evening and it was just a nice day.
  Not sure what else will be on the agenda this week but awesome just being together. I'm thankful for a job that has vacation time so I can have extra time home. Kaya telling me that her favorite surprise is always me being home :) warmed my heart.
   Last night as Kaya sat playing in the floor she looked up and said "I'm so happy. So happy to be with my family" :) Not much better than that. Anytime I doubt myself I can hear those words and realize I may not be able to fix all the world's problems, I may not be perfect...but I'm a hero to one person :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment