Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Kaya cracks me up...and another one of my babies sigh..

   Kaya has always had a good vocabulary but sometimes the words don't come out..just right ;) Lately she has taken to speaking very adult like and explaining things in detail. I can handle that MUCH better than her valley girl voice, complete with hand twirling in the air saying "um yeah" every few words. She knows that will get her told very quickly that the conversation is done. Unless she's just kidding around.
   I had to laugh as one night she came to my side of the bed. She wanted to have some girl talk and hopped onto the bed. I asked her what was wrong. "I've been very pentsive". I explained to her that the word is pensive and it meant to think hard on something serious.  She responded "I know what it means. I have been thinking hard. That's what I said..I'm pentsive". I had to smile. She had the right grasp of the word just not the right saying.
   Another big event is our baby cousin (sigh..not such a little baby any more) is preparing for prom!!! So weird when she sent me a picture on my phone of the dress she had picked out. Here was my baby girl that I had helped raise since she was barely 3 yrs old...looking like a beautiful young lady. Not easy. Twisty messed up curls replaced with intentional highlights and flat ironed straight hair. A dirty little face replaced with makeup..but still those adorable freckles poking through. I can say she's always stayed true to herself..she could care less if she's "in style" and has just always been herself..standing up for things she thinks is right and caring very little about those that care very little bout her. To say I'm proud of her is an understatement. I'm equally proud of her big brother..another one of our babies :) He will be attending prom as well and I'm glad big brother will be there to keep an eye on her (even though she hates when we say that!)
   In some ways the kiddos have sorta trained me for being a Mom. I've seen one go from a tiny, curly headed strongheaded little girl that was never afraid to get dirty to a beautiful young lady full of heart (and still hard headed LOL). E has went from a quiet backwards little boy that couldn't stand to even think someone might be upset...to a handsome young man that stands up for his Sis and for what he thinks is right..and found his voice along the way to also stand up for himself.
  They broke me into how it was to have a sick kiddo, to be up all hours of the night, to just stop and have fun...and then I faced their anger/unhappiness and tears dealing with their less than stellar father, to family issues...then to nerves when E took his first drive all the way to our house from his!!!!....now prom. Eventually it will be graduation, the move to college and my babies even though always my babies in my heart..will have their own lives and events. I just hope we are still as close as we are now.
  So in many ways I thank them for giving me an idea of what it was to parent and broke me in for Kaya...but just as I shed tears of pride and happiness with their events..I know I will even more so with Kaya's.
  Funny how one picture sent to your cell phone of a beautiful young lady in a beautiful dress...can make you think back to her sitting on the front room couch (face covered in chocolate), to her learning to ride her first bike, to having my brother sleep in the doorway of their room because she was sick and needed him there...to picnics on the top pasture. Funny how one picture can make you count your blessings even more..and realize just how precious love is...and time as well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment