Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Our anniversary, Easter and how Lent went

  Today is our 6 yr anniversary. Funny how this morning is starting out the same way it did 6 yrs ago..overcast and rainy. Hopefully it will shape up weather wise into the same beautiful day we had that day! Can't believe we've been married 6yrs together almost 9. We've had some big hills to climb, some serious things in our life, lots of joy, the birth of a beautiful little girl..and we've done every single step as a team. We often as women think of anniversaries as "our day" and alot of people think in terms of gifts. When really it's a couples day and the gift is right there on your left hand. Women tend to feel a man has to always show appreciation and we often expect it in the form we want...when sometimes it comes as a simple "great meal" or "Love you". We also need to show appreciaton for our husbands. Without them we are not a complete unit, we would not have our child(ren) and our lives would be different. I'm thankful for Steve's calm, blunt nature that balances out my sometimes worrisome nature. For his loyalty, his love, his ability to always see me in the "can do anything" light. For his confidence, for being my shoulder and my rock. For being a good husband and a fine Daddy. So here's to many more years of happiness and laughter :) In turn husbands need to remember to appreciate their wives and I'm very lucky to have a hubby that does :)
   Easter is today and we decided to break kosher and do it our way. Steve's family doesn't include us on this holiday, one of us in the house usually has to work and we don't really do much on this holiday with my family..sooo why not do it how we want :) We decided no huge meal with ham etc but instead we are grilling everyone's favorites. Big red hotdogs for my Mom, ribeyes or sirloins for me, my brother and Kaya, and a porterhouse for Steve. Going to fix a few sides, a pan of homemade brownies and that is going to be the meal. Need to finish up some stuff in the house (I know I know..but starting a 7 day work week tomorrow I have things that have to be done and it was too pretty to be cooped up all day yesterday!) May go visit my Dad depending on how Steve feels (Last night was shot night and he worked outside all day....) Other than that just us here together. :)
   My Lent project was interesting. Did I do perfect? No. Did I have a few upsets? Yes..one minor, one major. Did I learn anything about others and about myself? YES. Am I going to stick with it? Yes.  My minor breakdown lol came from just being tired and letting others get under my skin. My major one came from being fed up with certain ones that ignore us till they need us and making me feel like a tiny dot on the map. But I redirected and got back in line (after a little  venting to the hubby lol). I realized that I felt horrible and upset but they sure didn't. Why let someone else's emotions rule MY day and emotions? I have found out in the last 40 days that there are some in our life that love us but will not extend a hand/voice unless we always make the first step. When I stopped making the first step they found out that we would not hang onto their every word, do as they say and think as they think we should. I have found there are some that do not expect us to fix everything..it was ME that felt that need. All in all letting go of others issues/dramas has made me happier. Do I still get upset? Oh yes I cannot stand users and hypocrites. And I cannot tolerate someone that feels the need to dictate another person's life or makes someone feel low simply because opinions are different. I've also learned that I love people for who they are because I want to be loved that way. They may not do as I think they should..but I love them for them. I cannot change them, I cannot fix them and it's not my place to try. We all live different lives, different issues. As long as I go to bed every night with a clear soul that I have lived my life correctly and treated others how I would want to be treated...then I am happy. :)
   Happy Easter to everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment