Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Friday, December 4, 2015

Two of my favorite ornaments

Every year I add to our Christmas tree ornaments courtesy of K's yearly ornament from us and her many hand made ones. They all are my faves of course. But two very old ones hold a special place in my heart. The simple little handsewn angle is one my Granny made many years ago and always sat atop her tree. Watching my little ones eyes light up when it goes up on top of the tree....makes my heart smile! The other is the simple piece of red rope right under the angle. It is a family tradition that has been passed down since my great grandma. When her children were grown and left home she split her garland in to three pieces. When they had their children (my Granny and her siblings) the tradition was continued. Then each of my Granny's kids got a piece.  I got mine when I married Steve and it has been on our tree every year. That little red piece of garland has been through the Depression, through moves and different states...and it ties us all together in traditions and love. We try hard to hold onto family traditions and pass them onto Kaya. We also have many traditions that is simply our little families. I hope as K grows and one day starts her own family she will do the many little things we do for the holidays and special moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment