Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

   The Easter season has went well. Weather has been great. Kaya got to enjoy an Easter egg hunt and party with her little cousin at our cousin's place of work. Both had a ball, gathered a lot of eggs and I love that Kaya handed a little girl that was having a hard time finding eggs one of her own :) After a fun hunt Kaya and her cousin enjoyed cookies, punch and coloring.
  We normally host Easter dinner and this year was no different. I decided to change up the menu from the normal we have. Steve did a Cajun deep fried turkey (he has the market on deep fried turkey...I've never had any as good as his!!). I did homemade biscuits, deviled eggs, fried potatoes, and southern fried corn (a house fave!). Also made Hawaiian wedding cake. My mother in law added in a veggie tray, cheesecakes and pop. Had my Dad, my mother in law, my brother in law and his friend in and there was no complaining about the meal lol

  Kaya was excited to see the Easter Bunny found her basket on the bar and filled it (I LOVE this idea mainly because I hate buying a new basket every year and there's only so much reuse ideas you can come up with without getting stuck with a ton of old baskets.) and left her a surprise in the garage. One happy kiddo. She was excited over the candy, her new shorts and odd n ends in her basket but loved that she said "I'm most excited it's a family day" :)
   Steve has been feeling pretty tired lately and laid down right after eating, then got back up to visit. Once everyone left Dad fixed our rider (VERY thankful for that...I can push mow the yard and I did last summer but the rider is faster and with the heat we've been having in the summer...yeah). Then we did an Easter egg hunt with the golden egg having a quarter in it. Kaya loved it.
   Very nice day full of fun, family, laughter, food and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment