Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Did I mention we love fall? LOL

 
Local pumpkin patch


Indian corn hanging to dry

Cornfield with barn in the distance

I absolutely love fall. I always have. The leaves changing colors, the crisp air, hoodies,football, bonfires,pumpkins, gearing up for the holidays,and family fun.
 I love when we go down home to the pumpkin patch every year. We started going when we were first married and we've continued the tradition every year with Kaya. Some years it's warm enough for shorts other years we've had to bundle up tight lol But it's always fun.
  I also love going to the pumpkin patch because of the drive. Seems like when I slip over that county line everything slows down. I love to see the fields change colors, watch them harvest them etc. 
 We try hard to keep that slower paced, nature packed lifestyle in our own home. We are toying with several new ideas for the approaching new year but right now our focus is on here and now. 
 We love the slow moving weekends, the cooler evenings, and to be honest at times it's nicer to have a smaller outdoor chore list lol In the fall we start slowing down outside and I try out new recipes, bake bread and goodies and the focus turns to the home.
 Happy Fall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment