Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Awesome Saturday

  Sure can't complain about the awesome weather today, all the fun and giggles. Hit the Farmer's Market early. Got a great deal on bell peppers, jalepenos, sorreno peppers and corn. Kaya always gets to pick her a veggie..this time she picked a pumpkin and sweet potatoes :) Picked her free book out and to the park we went to play.
  From there we hit MillCreek for a walk and a picnic. She LOVED it :) She fed the fish in the creek leftover bread and had a ball "exploring everything."
  From there we let her stop at a local grocery and pick out some canned goods for the local pantry benefit at the river. She warmed my heart when she said "I like to help others. Everybody should want to help everybody!!" Spent a great afternoon listening to the band, having a lemon shake up and watching Kaya play in the bouncy house.
  Decided to try making a lemon-shake up at home..came out great..and then spent the evening at Kaya's Pappaw Wade's. Had a nice visit.
  Then home to pick tomatoes. Worrying me about these evening temps dropping so cool. We picked a  gallon of cherry tomatoes out of the garden and have new blooms coming on!!!! 
  Now chilling out in our pjs and calling it an evening soon. Love spending our days together having a great time.
  A little rough on the serious talk Steve and I had while Kaya played. We have been doing research and the form of MS they are thinking Steve most likely has ..has a 85%  chance of becoming severe MS. With MS you never know if it's going to relapse and start in a month, in a week or in 20 yrs! It was very hard to see Steve's face when he looked at me and said "Does it not bother you one bit that I stand a chance, we stand a chance, of this happening?" I asked him what he meant. "Does it not bother you that at some point in our marriage that you may have a 200lb basically a baby on your hands if I lose my legs etc." I swallowed hard because it bothers me to think of ever losing Steve. Of us not being how we are now. But not because of what "might" happen. I told him "I married you for better or for worse. You are stuck with me buddy. We are a team forever no matter what. Yes, it bothers me to think of you hurting or unable to do what you want..but it doesn't bother me to have to do whatever I have to do because you would do the same for me. Besides..I'll get you a hot male nurse and everything will be ok for you and me" LMBO He cracked up laughing at the last comment and the rest of the day went well.
   That is one thing outsiders that do not fight the disease do not understand. I cannot become mush. I cannot fall apart. I cannot sit down and cry because they think I should. I cannot let them push me into a corner or against the wall anymore when it comes to my family. I have to be strong, I have to hold things together and I have to be a team player. At the Hacienda we do not take life lightly and we make sure everyday ..when the sun goes down that the 3 of us know exactly how much we love each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment