Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I can admit…

I can admit having my brother home, snoozing under our roof, safe,fed,warm and happy is the best thing ever. We have always been VERY close..and..I'm lucky that he sees my husband as his brother and vice versa. And..I'm blessed to have my husbands family look at him as their own. That doesn't happen in alot of families…but it does with ours. They opened their heart to him, they pray nightly for him, they celebrate with us for him, and they feel my pain when they know I'm hurting cause I don't know where he is or how safe he is…they are FAMILY.

  One thing that has been nagging at me..is when he leaves. I do not allow myself to think about it much..but..it creeps in. And my main worry…is ..Kaya. When he went to basic..she cried. When he came home for Cmas break…and then left after two weeks..she would sit at the garage door crying wanting him (he played video games in there with her and worked out in there with her)…Yes she eventually got over it…talked to him on the phone and online as much as she could and carried his picture around till it was all wrinkly.

  But..hearing your baby cry isn't easy. So I am anxious this time when he leaves. I know she knows he loves her and that he has to go..but..she is a child. Its hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment