Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Made bread…

  Kaya got to try her hand at making homemade from scratch pumpkin bread today. She LOVED it. I had her wash up and get up at the table. I spooned out some pumpkin for her…and then let her add the ingredients to it. She was very serious..instructing me exactly where to pour the sugar, the flour, the water and oil..and when we added spices..she goes “Oh my Mommy that smells goood”….

  I decided to not add eggs to her batter..since we were doing minicupcakes anyway I just added a lil extra oil. I know my daughter well enough to know she’ll sneak batter to try it! So she stirred her lil bowl while I stirred the big bowl of complete batter.
Then she got to arrange her cupcake liners in the pan and we spooned it in. I greased my pans and she was in awe at all the batter going into all the pans. We ended up with a pan of mini cupcakes, a small loaf that we were all forced to eat immediately, a larger loaf we took to the neighbors and then a large loaf that we baked in a pan that makes your loaf come out looking like a basket holding pumpkins.

  Once the loaves were done and cool enough to eat..Kaya smeared her a slice with butter and gave it two thumbs up. She helped me take the loaf to our neighbor and informed him SHE did all the work! haha

  I loved baking with her today and I'm glad she takes an interest in it. We have done pie crust,dumplings etc..but this is her first real bread project and she loved it.

040 Kaya washing up to start baking.

 

041 Mixing her batter….

 

044 some of our finished projects :)

No comments:

Post a Comment