Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Day of the dreaded appt.......

 I worked a half day shift today so I could go with Steve to his appointment. Several work buddies were like "If I was you I would have stayed home all day" till I explained to them that I can't do that. One I don't want to waste vacation time when I may need it later on and if I sit and think..I worry. I broke down crying last night in the shower because...it's scary. It's scary never having an exact answer, never being able to plan things out how we want them to go, it's scary knowing what could happen to my husband and it's scary financially. So I cried in the shower lol and after Kaya went to bed Steve and I talked.
  Sooo to the appointment we went today. Very quiet, nervous laughter and then ...great news!! Dr B said Steve's MRI doesn't show enough significant change for her to feel comfortable moving him up on meds (once you tier completely to the top..you have nowhere to go. Steve is young and DR B doesn't want his options limited)!!! He will stay on his weekly shot and schedule. She did tell us that his hands are not releasing grip correctly. They are slowed down and his fingers don't release like yours or mine would. His ring finger on his right hand is moving on it's own because a lesion is currently on that nerve. It has done enough damage to the nerve that signals are fuzzy. Your finger knows where to "stay" and be at by that nerve. Steve's finger is constantly moving try to "Find" it's place and where it belongs. I never knew any of that and it's interesting information. If the lesion heals over and the nerve heals..his finger will stop. If not...then it may be permanent damage. Both Steve and Dr B decided to not use prescription meds to relax it unless it got worse because the meds could also make Steve feel tired. His tiredness is a combo of the weather and MS and she said he has to start making himself rest more. Steve worries he rests TOO much so it was good they talked about that. The back deal where Steve fell out of bed is a combo of stiff muscles and previous back issues. That is a relief because Steve was worried about lesions attacking his spine. Exercise should help it.
  We came out of that apt today skipping lol Smiles, laughing. Honestly people in the hospital probably thought we were nuts but I could care less. We've learned to not freak out but to celebrate every little thing. To others it may not seem a big deal..to us it does.
   We celebrated by picking Kaya up from school when it released and telling her the apt went great. She was all smiles :) Then home to fix one of Steve's fave meal and fix a cake. Hey, it's a party at the Hacienda lol
  

No comments:

Post a Comment